If you think that facials are nothing but an hour (and money) wasted in the salon, think again! Because your skin is missing out on something that’s good for it.
Even if you do not have blemishes, hyperpigmentation, severe acne, or any other problems, your face needs to be pampered by a trained professional to keep it healthy and free of skin issues.
Moreover, it is the best way to find out if your skin needs anything or how it is reacting to hormones, pollution, stress, and other elements. I know that you have your DIY tips to take care of your skin at home, but a professional can help you truly understand your skin. And, not to mention, that amazing facial massage not only makes your skin glow but also destresses you and helps you relax.
Benefits Of Facials
1. Reduce Stress And Relieve Psychological Distress
There are hundreds of pressure points on your face that are connected to various systems in your body. When these pressure points are massaged, your body responds to it. A good facial massage not just keeps your skin glowing, but it also affects the functioning of the other organs. This is kind of an exercise for your face. And since it is not possible for you to know all the pressure points, you need to visit a professional to get that facial massage.
2. Cleanse Your Skin
An excellent facial will cleanse your face thoroughly, which is not possible at home. The facialist understands your skin type and knows what needs to be done to keep it in good shape. The use of steam to open up the pores and cleanse your skin thoroughly.
3. Prevent Aging Regular facials and face massages boost cell regeneration and promote collagen development. This gives you younger looking skin.
4. Facial Massage Promotes Blood Circulation
Improved blood circulation in your face means that your cells get lots of oxygen and nutrients that are carried along with the blood. This translates to healthier and efficient cells and a glowing face.
5. Rejuvenate Your Skin With age, your skin loses its luster. That’s natural. Your lifestyle and pollution make it difficult for your skin to recuperate. Facials can help rejuvenate the skin. The use of various methods, products, and technology that help improve your skin texture.
6. Facials Help Detoxify The Skin Your skin needs to get rid of the waste that accumulates on it on a regular basis. And if this is not done correctly, it results in breakouts. That’s why a skin detox is necessary. Apart from cleansing and washing your face every day, you need facials to detoxify it. Therapists use ingredients, such as antioxidant-rich creams, herbal extracts, and oils, to make your face fresh and radiant.
7. Treat Acne And Acne Marks When you squeeze a pimple (or acne), you run the risk of scarring. Acne marks can be stubborn, but facials can help you in treating them. Estheticians often use products containing salicylic acid to treat acne. Facial peels help reduce acne and the resulting scars.
8. Extraction - Eliminate Whiteheads And Blackheads
A crucial part of the facial. A skilled person uses the extraction tool to extract all the whiteheads and blackheads without hurting your skin. Blackheads and whiteheads clog the pores and make your skin dull.
9. Open Up All The Pores I’s impossible to avoid all the pollution and damage caused by the environmental free radicals. Your skin is bombarded with UV rays and other toxic substances on a daily basis. These accumulate on its surface and clog the pores. During a facial, the use of various methods to open up the pores and remove all dead cells, thus preventing acne and other skin issues.
10. Exfoliation is the process where the dead skin cells are gently sloughed off your skin’s surface. The cells die and tend to pile up on the surface (if not removed), making your skin rough and dry. While you can exfoliate your skin using a scrub at home, if you want to remove the dead skin cells properly, going for a facial is the best option. It involves using methods that thoroughly clean the skin surface, revealing a healthy layer of skin beneath.
11. Tighten Your Skin
With age, your skin loses its elasticity as the production of collagen diminishes. During facial treatments, the professionals use methods that stimulate the production of collagen and reduce the signs of aging.
12. Eliminate Under Eye Bags And Dark Circles Facials reduces under eye bags and dark circles
The skin under your eyes needs special attention because it is way thinner than the skin on the rest of the face. And when you don’t treat it in the right manner, you get under eye bags, dark circles, and crow’s feet. The estheticians know how to treat the delicate under eye area. The eye creams used by them are specially prepared to treat the sensitive skin around your eyes and have anti-aging benefits.
13. Facial Masks Make Your Skin Soft And Glowing The esthetician prepares a mask that’s specially designed for your skin type. It hydrates the skin and refines the skin pores. It also contains ingredients that diminish hyperpigmentation and make your skin firm.
14. Boost The Absorption Abilities Of Your Skin This is another advantage of going for a facial regularly. It increases your skin’s ability to absorb other products effectively. You might be spending a lot of money on cosmetic products but find that they aren’t being absorbed by your skin. Why? Because your skin’s surface is so rough that they cannot penertrate it properly. With regular facials, your skin becomes smooth and ready to absorb the products.
15. You Get Expert Care
Facials come along with expert opinions and advice. Before any facial treatment, the expert esthetician asks you about your skin type, issues you are facing, and what problems you want to address. They examine your skin and analyze the problem before offering a solution. They pick products and treatments that are beneficial for your skin.
16. Give You An Even Skin Tone Worried about those dark patches on your skin? Those are nothing but melanin that gives your skin and hair their color. Aging, too much sun exposure, and hormonal changes may cause too much melanin production, resulting in dark spots. A facial evens out those dark spots, giving you a bright skin tone.
Facials have loads of benefits. Wondering how often you should get one done? It depends on a lot of factors. Let’s check them out.
How Often Do You Need Facials? It depends on several factors such as:
Your Skin Type: If you have oily skin that’s prone to acne and breakouts, you need a facial treatment once in every two weeks (until the issues have calmed down). And in case you have combination, dry, or normal skin, once every month is fine. The Condition Of Your Skin: Do you have blackheads or dull skin? Or acne and hyperpigmentation? The frequency of your facial treatments depends on the problem you have. Skin Care Goals: If you want beautiful and younger looking skin for a lifetime, you should start early. Follow the facial routine religiously as suggested by the esthetician. If you are someone who is concerned about the appearance of your skin, you should take facial routines seriously. Your Budget: Your budget affects your skin care routine. If you have a tight budget, try getting a facial done once every two months. It is always better to consult an esthetician regarding the frequency of your facial routines..